Friday, February 6, 2009

Out of Gas and Anticipations.

Today I experienced a first. While returning to work after my lunch break, my car ran out of gas. Luckily:
#1 Even though I was on a big and busy street, I was able to cross 1 lane of traffic, a suicide lane, and then another 3 lanes of traffic to stop on a small side street. Opposed to dying while waiting at the majorly busy intersection I was feet from. That woulda stunk even more!
#2 I was literally around the block from work at that point.
#3 It was light outside.
#4 There was a gas station nearby.
#5 My boss and I are in a good place right now so she didn't freak out.
#6 It was kinda raining, so I didn't stand out AS much when I put up my hood trying to disguise the fact that I was a young caucasion woman walking by myself.
#7 I knew how to work one of those little tiny gas can thingies (only $3) thanks to my lawn mowing days.

Monday will be a fun day. Here is why...
1. Monday I will have fourteen children enrolled in my class. That is five new children. All starting in my room in one day. Thank goodness I will now have an assistant teacher. Yay!
2. Monday is pay day. I need money.
3. Monday night I get to go on a date with a really great guy. Not just a wow, he's really hot guy. But a cute AND really good guy. And I get to dress up all cute and stuff.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my weekend. Yay, Yay, YAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment