Monday, January 19, 2009

One, Two, Fwee, Foh, Fi, Sik, Sen, Eight, Nine, TEN

Ten Reasons I Like My Job:
1. My children give such wonderful hugs.
2. I love the way their faces light up when they see me come into the room. It makes me feel special.
3. I love those moments when they GET IT.
4. There is a part of me that thinks that having 10 toddlers makes the idea of having twins seem a bit easier. Or even quadruplets.
5. Sometimes I get to eat their food. Today I got to eat a corndog and tator tots. And animal crackers. Yum!
6. Being exposed to every illness and communicable disease (scarlet fever, head lice, croup, pneumonia, pink eye, staph infection, the flu... you name it and we've probably had it at our center in the past 6 months I've worked there) will increase my immunity to future illnesses.
7. I get to do the most fun activities. Like paint. And color. And do all sorts of sensory activities like GORP and Playdough. And I get to play outside twice a day.
8. I can almost literally roll out of bed in the morning and go to work. Who am I trying to impress?
9. I get a paycheck every other Monday.
10. Bad days make me highly motivated to find a better job.

Speaking of better jobs, ...I do have a job interview this Saturday for a position here in Las Vegas at a company called Compass Behavioral Health!!! I would be doing early intervention (HOORAY!!) so lets all hope I do well in the interview and impress her with my knowledge and enthusiasm. And madd skillz.

Other notable news from the past 48 hours...
I almost went on an almost blind date. Explanation: A friend of a friend I met for a half second on sunday told her he wanted my number so he could take me to some concert tomorrow night that he had backstage passes to.. but my roommate said that she doesn't really trust him. And if I do actually remember this guy, I kinda got the heebie jeebiez. So I 'have plans' tomorrow night and won't be able to go. Sad day.
I had to work on Martin Luther King Day. But do not fret. I still celebrated by listening to his "I have a dream" speech and other Kinghorn family traditions.

1 comment: