Thursday, January 15, 2009

Here I am!!


So... this is my face when I think about the INTENSE world of blogging I've just entered!

Why join this world?! Well, I got a fabulous new digital camera from Santa for Christmas. Living soo ridiculously far from family almost makes having a camera and a blog a necessity. Phone calls can only share so much! Hopefully family and friends will be able to enjoy this as an added way to keep tabs on what I'm really doing here in Vegas!

Okay. So its not that exciting. I live in a house with three other girls. We're all members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon church) which basically means we have tons of fun but can actually remember it the next morning.

I spend most of my time at my oh so fabulous job. What is this job I'm so psyched about? I'm a lead teacher at a child care center. I teach 10 children all between the ages of 2 1/2 and 3. This is important to know because, yes, I will be ranting and raving in the future.

I'm also looking for a more permanent and personally fulfilling job in the field of Early Intervention (providing developmental therapy for children birth-3 yrs old who either have a diagnosed disability, are delayed in some areas, or are at risk). Unfortunately, this job search has taken longer than I was hoping. In the mean time I'm trying to just be grateful I have a job. And I do love my kids!!

I also have a great group of friends out here! We get to do lots of fun things together which I will document. Most of. Maybe not all.

Well, I feel this was kind of a somewhat rather successful first post (note the uncertainty)...

2 comments:

  1. SARAH!!! Welcome to Blogging!! I am so proud of you!

    love the picture btw

    ReplyDelete
  2. HORRAY!!!! What a success :) We laughed, we almost cried, we were overwhelmed with emotion. You should have seen Scott jump up out of his chair when I announced excitedly that you have a blog :) haha. He even ran all the way across the room! Don't you feel the love?
    ~Cassie & Scott

    ReplyDelete